Checking Protection Options
Overdraft Transfer Source
When opening a new Checking Account, a member may establish an overdraft source from one of the following accounts: regular savings, other savings, Money Market or VISA credit card account. Once set-up, funds will automatically be transferred from the designated account or VISA to the member’s Checking Account when there are non-sufficient funds to cover a check or Check Card purchase. if you would like to learn more about overdraft protections options please contact us.
There is a fee for this service, please refer to our current schedule of fees for applicable charges.
Protecting your accounts from unauthorized use & fraud
These days it is very important to protect your accounts from identify theft and financial fraud. To help guard your savings and reduce stress HealthCare Associates established a variety of services to alert you immediately whenever there is signature activity on your credit or debit cards.
Checking Protection Benefits
There's never a convenient time to lose control of your card. We are taking your VISA Card Alerts to the next level with MyCardRules, giving you control over how, where, and when your card is used.
Stay in control of your card with these great features
- Control when your card is used by turning it On or Off as needed.
- While the card is turned Off, all transactions and ATM balance inquiries are denied.
- Recurring payments, credits, and deposits will continue while your card is set to Off.
- Set notifications for any activity on your HACU Visa credit card and non-pin based debit card transactions.
- Set purchasing limits to include locations or restrict, merchants, and spending amounts.
- If you receive a notification or suspect fraudulent activity, lock your card by turning your card Off. It can be unlocked and turned On to complete any necessary purchases, protecting yourself from additional fraudulent activity. Turn your card back Off after completing your purchase, and report the suspicious or fraudulent activity to HealthCare Associates Credit Union.
Get Started Today
- Search for the free MyCardRules app in your mobile app store and follow the instructions to install.
- Open the app and select New User to register.
- On the Card Verification screen, enter your card number and tap Next in the upper right corner.
- Select Control Preferences to edit notification settings.
- Begin managing your card by freezing it or unfreezing it when you see fit.
Don't just see activity after it's happened. Take control of your card with MyCardRules and HealthCare Associates Credit Union. MyCardRules is just one more way we help our members Bank Healthy!TM
*Standard text messaging rates may apply.