Home Purchase Basics
There's no place like home
Congratulations on your decision to buy a new home! There are many important things to consider throughout the process, especially if you're a first-time homebuyer. Here's some information that will keep you on track.
A home purchase may be your largest financial transaction to date, so it's important to make the right decisions and to keep an eye on the details. With the assistance of your Real Estate Agent and Loan Officer, it should be an efficient, pleasant, and ultimately rewarding experience.
Count on your Real Estate Agent to:
- Preview available homes to weed out those that are overpriced, or undesirable in some other way.
- Present the homes that suit your needs as you've defined them.
- Help you determine the difference between a "good buy" and a property that, because of its nature (neighborhood, market appeal, etc.), might have to be discounted if you decide to sell in the future.
- Negotiate the best deal for you - with a pre-qualification letter from us, your Real Estate Agent will be able to demonstrate that you are a qualified and capable borrower.
Count on your Mortgage Broker and Loan Officer to:
- Assist you in selecting the best loan to meet your personal situation and goals.
- Keep you informed of your loan status throughout the entire process.
- Keep your Real Estate Agent informed of our loan progress (Note: your personal information is always kept confidential between you and us; only deal points and progress are shared).
- Get the appropriate loan for you at the best rates and fees.
Count on yourself to:
- Keep your Real Estate Agent informed of any questions or concerns as they develop.
- Keep the process moving by providing documentation and decisions as soon as reasonably possible.
- Enjoy purchasing your home, but do remain objective throughout -- to make the business decisions that are best for you.
- Make sure you are pre-approved as early as possible. This will put the power of financing behind you so you can concentrate on selecting your home.
Call 630.383.0121 for a free consultation.