Anti-fraud text alert service for credit and debit card transactions
smsGuardian is a fraud protection text alert service that sends alerts directly to your mobile device* via text message. When cardholders confirm unauthorized activity, the information is immediately routed to a fraud analyst for card blocking and follow up, reducing the time window in which subsequent unauthorized transactions could take place.
What it does:
- Sends alerts about suspicious card activity directly to cardholders via text message.
- Routes notification of fraud to analysts for card blocking and follow up.
- Supports all major phone service carriers.
- Notifies cardholders prior to expiration and enables a text-based renewal.
- Enables members to enroll up to 10 mobile numbers per card.
- Supports “do not disturb” times when messages can be queued and sent later.
smsGuardian is reliable, flexible, and easy to manage.
- Alert text messages will describe clearly how to respond if fraud is suspected
- Members can enroll any HealthCare Associates card(s) in this service
- Enrollments are effective for one year
- Cardholders are notified prior to the one-year expiration, and may respond to a text to extend enrollment for another year
If you receive a message and the purchase is legitimate, do nothing. If the purchase is fraud, reply to the message and your card will be blocked. This service can be cancelled anytime by replying with the message "STOP".
*Changing mobile service providers may require you to re-enroll your mobile device. The cell phone or mobile device must have the ability to send and receive text messages and the use of "short codes" must not be blocked. Standard text messaging rates may apply.