To earn your extra points use your HACU debit/check card this November and December as you shop. It’s our holiday gift to you during the busiest shopping season of the year.
Checking Account with Rewards
Our Totally Free Checking gives you more interest returns, more rewards, and more freedom!
Open a Totally Free Checking account today and get rewards with your Visa Check/Debit Card and 3% APY! Here's how to earn the most with your Totally Free Checking every month:
For Your 3% APY High Interest Return*:
- Enroll & use My247 Digital Banking
- Enroll & receive eStatements
- Make at least 12 Debit/Check Card purchases
- Electronically deposit at least $500 to your account
For Rewards Points*:
- FREE VISA Debit/Check Card with Rewards Points
- Use your Debit/Check Card for all your signature based purchases and start earning points by the day. Redeem those points for cash awards or gift cards!
More Checking Account Perks*:
- FREE means no minimum balance and no monthly service fee
- FREE unlimited transactions with your Debit/Check Card
- FREE fraud monitoring options available for your Debit/Check Card
- FREE Checking Account protection options
- FREE and easy online & mobile access through My247 Digital Banking
- Turn your card on or off instantly with the Card Controls Widget in My247
- Deposit your checks remotely with DeposZip
- Set up automatic bill payments through online Bill Pay
- Sign up for eStatements, e-mail alerts and more
- FREE unlimited ATM withdrawals at HealthCare Associates ATMs -- plus 4 free ATM transactions every month elsewhere
- Access to over 75,000 surcharge-free ATMs nationwide
- FREE ACCESS to over 5,000 branch locations nationwide through our CO-OP Shared Branch Network of credit unions.
- FREE box of basic checks per year
- FREE unlimited check-writing
- FREE online check images
- FREE Telephone Teller at 630.276.5726 to check your balances, transfer funds and more when you don't have internet access.
Interested in opening an account? Visit a branch, call us at 630.276.5555, or send us a product inquiry email below.
Members also have the freedom to make deposits into their checking account:
- Through Direct Deposit or Payroll Deduction
- Remote Deposit Capture through DeposZip
- Using a deposit-taking ATM
- By mail
- At a HACU branch location
- From other financial institutions using External Transfers -- available through My247
Order Personal Checks & Accessories
*Double Rewards Points on signature based credit card and debit card purchases from 11/01-12/31/2018. Cash Advances, PIN and POS transactions, gambling and car dealership purchases are not eligible for this promotion. Cash Awards and Gift cards are distributed through Rewards Points powered by Extra Awards.
*Funds are insured up to $500,000. Funds are federally insured up to $250,000 by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA). An additional $250,000 is insured by Excess Share Insurance (ESI), a subsidiary of American Share Insurance, the nation’s largest private deposit insurer for credit unions. APY = Annual Percentage Yield. Business Checking accounts are not eligible for the high interest return. The dividend rate and APY may change at any time. No minimum balance required to earn the 3.00% APY. Monthly requirements to earn 3.00% APY: direct deposit equal or greater than $500, a minimum of 12 Debit/Check Card transactions per month (Pending transactions and ATM transactions not included), enroll in My247, login once monthly, and consent to receive e-Statements. Balances up to $10,000 will earn the stated rate and the portion of the balance over $10,000 will not earn dividends. Fees could reduce earnings. Terms and conditions may apply.
Visit hacu.org and use the ATM & Branch Locator on our home page to find an ATM or Branch near you. Please note that you will need your Account Number and a valid photo ID to visit a shared branch and we advise calling ahead to verify their hours. Shared branch facilities are equipped to handle standard transactions. Fees may apply for other services. Surcharge-Free ATMs are available through Allpoint, STARsf, Alliance One, Pulse/MoneyPass networks. These networks may overlap and are subject to change at any time.