To view more about any of the below resources just click on the image or link by the offering.
Auto Resource Center
Is it time to get a new car? Shopping around for a car can be a daunting task. The research alone can take hours, but luckily, we've created a resource center to help. Just follow the steps below and use the resources we offer to help you find the perfect car in no time!
With our help this process is as easy as 1-2-3!
Set Yourself up For Success with these Complimentary
Education & Research Tools
Sign up for Enrich, our complimentary, award-winning financial wellness platform. Receive personalized recommendations, read articles, watch videos, and even play games that will help you become a savvy auto buyer ahead of making your purchase. There are a variety of topics…explore leasing vs. purchasing, insurance, fuel efficiency and more.
CarQuotes is a great research tool to help you find the perfect new or used vehicle, estimate your trade in value, find rebates and incentives, learn what the experts have to say about vehicles you're interested in, compare vehicles, know the invoice price, and more.
Enterprise Car Sales is another option if you are in the market for a used vehicle. A nice feature is that each vehicle comes with a 12-month/12,000-mile limited warranty and one-year Roadside Assistance program.*
Auto Loan Calculator It’s important to know what price range to look for when shopping for a car. Use this calculator to estimate your monthly car payment.
Auto Rebate vs. Low Interest Financing Calculator Which is best? Find out before you sign. Did you know that the biggest profit center for a car dealership is its finance department? A pre-approval with HACU can often help you avoid paying more than you should.
Home Equity vs. Auto Loan Calculator This calculator can help you determine which type of financing is best for you.
Check Your Credit History
How much a loan costs will depend on your credit history and knowing your credit history will give you a better idea what to expect from lenders. The Fair and Accurate Credit Transaction ACT entitles you to a Free Credit Report each year. Many sites promise credit reports for free, but some have hidden fees. AnnualCreditReport.com is the only official site explicitly directed by Federal law to provide them.
Buy Your Dream Car & Get the Protection You Need
Protecting Your Vehicle
- Protect yourself with Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP). Cover the gap between what you owe and what your vehicle is valued at in the event of a total loss. This can often be as much as 19% in the first year.*
- Mechanical Breakdown Protection can help with costly repairs no longer covered by your vehicles manufacturer’s warranty, provide 24-hour roadside assistance, towing, rental allowances, and is transferable.*
- Carefully selected Insurance Companies, such as TruStage Auto Insurance Program, can provide you with discounted rates exclusively for credit union members. If you haven’t compared auto insurance lately, call 1-88-TRUSTAGE, or 1-888-787-8243 toll free for your free quote. Your credit union membership could result in some nice savings.*
Protecting Against the Unforeseen
- Member’s Choice® Credit Life and Disability Insurance will help you protect your family from the unexpected injury or death. Disability payment protection can reimburse your monthly loan payment if you are off work due to a disability. Life payment protection may pay off your loan balance in the event of an unexpected death.*
- Exclusively for credit union members, TruStage Life Insurance Plans offer Life Insurance Policies to help you protect the people who matter most in your life. Underwritten by CMFG Life Insurance Company, these plans are designed to fit your budget and provide excellent coverage. Learn about this important coverage or call 1-855-612-7909 for more information.*
Illinois License Plate Renewal Stickers
Visit our Des Plaines, Naperville, Oak Lawn, Winfield branch with your vehicle registration card, valid driver’s license, and sticker payment* and we’ll give you a renewal sticker on the spot. It’s that easy!
* Includes a $5 convenience fee in addition to the IL License Plates Renewal fee from the DMV.
*Terms and conditions apply, for a full explanation of terms please refer to the individual provider’s website, materials or policy. License plate renewal stickers include a $5 convenience fee in addition to the IL License Plates Renewal Fee from the DMV.